Home to great sights, sounds & food.
Under new Ownership and Management
Oceancrest motel has been under new management and ownership since july 2014. During this time it has been in the process of its first makeover in 30 years.
We have 10 rooms, 4 of which are family rooms that sleep up to 6 guests and 6 queen and triple rooms. All rooms have ensuite, reverse cycle air conditioning, bar fridge, mcrowave, toaster, kettle, tv, clock radio, tea and coffee making facilities.
We have a large garden area with swimming pool, playground and bbq, perfect for families.
We have free wifi and parking directly outside your room. All rooms are non smoking.
We have a fully licensed cafe which offers great food at great prices. Room service is available 8.30 am until 8pm.
The cafe is open tuesday to sunday 11am until 8pm. Closed on Mondays.
We pride ourselves on being the best value accommodation in the south and thank all of our customers for their continued support and encouragement.
Final touches are still underway but we are very happy with the progress to date. We will continue to improve all aspects of this motel to make your stay as comfortable and enjoyable as possible.
Jan And Peter
Ocean Crest MotelAbout the accommodation
Ocean Crest Motel offers budget accommodation ranging from double share to rooms catering for 6 people. Each air-conditioned room has a flat-screen TV, a refrigerator, a microwave and an electric kettle. The private bathroom has a shower and a toilet. There is also an outdoor BBQ area available, swimming pool and free Wi-Fi.
Ocean Crest Motel is only a 2-minute drive from Urimbirra Wildlife Experience, a 5-minute drive from the Victor Harbor Horse Drawn Tram to Granite Island and the Greenhills Adventure Park is a 10-minute drive away.
Victor HarborAbout the neighbourhood
Located on the coast of the beautiful Fleurieu Peninsula, Victor Harbor is an adventure playground of sun, surf and sand, just under two hours from Adelaide. The heart of the well known ‘South Coast’ surfing region, the Ocean Crest Motel delivers the thrills of the beaches and coastline to your door.
Victor Harbor’s natural attractions lie predominantly on the coast from the excellent surf beaches of Parsons, Waitpinga, Middleton and Goolwa, to the famed geological formation known as The Bluff, or the nearby Granite Island. A trip to the Island is a must and is connected by a short causeway, which operates the only horse drawn tram in Australia.
Units with one queen bed and four single bunk beds, a small dining table & chairs, TV, alarm clock/radio, ensuite, microwave, toaster, el kettle cutlery crockery and electric blanket. Free Wi-Fi access.
Comfortable unit consisting with ensuite bathroom, tv, bar fridge, microwave, kettle and toaster, bar fridge and electric blanket.
The Triple rooms features 1 queen bed, 1 single bed and an ensuite.
Check-in at the reception onsite which is open from 8.00am until 8.00pm. If you are arriving out of hours, please call us using the number on your confirmation email.
No deposit, payment due on arrival.
For any cancellations with less than 48 hours notice will be charged a $50 fee.
Victor Harbor is home to many attractions & activities both indoor and out all year round.
- Granite Island
- This popular, scenic tourist destination attracts people wishing to see Little Penguins, commonly called “Fairy Penguins”, which breed there. This island is situated off Victor Harbor and connects to the mainland by a causeway. Current facilities include a cafe, kiosk, souvenir shop, penguin centre and public toilets as well as the famous antique horse drawn tram.
- Kangaroo Island
- The island has 509km of Coastline & is 155km from the East to West Coast. With native bushland, wildlife, adventure, exploring, pristine beaches, local wines & sunsets are on your doorstep.
- The Coorong is widely considered as the scenic gateway to the Limestone Coast. It is one of Australia’s most beautiful, yet fragile, ecosystems which encompasses almost 47,000 hectares of great diversity and stunning scenery.
- Whale Watching
- Every winter South Australia enjoys the return of Southern Right whales to its shores. Thousands of visitors flock to the seaside resort town of Victor Harbor, keeping staff at the SA Whale Centre’s Information Booth very busy fielding their enquiries.
- Experienced surfers will know all about Waitpinga and Parsons beaches, both enjoying some of the country’s most reliable surf-breaks; beginners will prefer the beaches between Victor Harbor and Port Elliot. Surf Schools have equipment and lessons to suit all ages.
- Whether you’re into boats and bag limits or simply like to wet a line now and again, you’ll love the fishing at Victor Harbor. Prize fishing spots include the Causeway Jetty, Breakwater, Granite Island, the Bluff Jetty, Hindmarsh and Inman Rivers. Fishing charters, tackle and bait are available.
- Greenflies Adventure Park
- A day packed full of Fun, Food and Adventure, there is only one place to go. Nestled in the picturesque Hindmarsh Valley just over an hour’s drive south of Adelaide it offers something for all ages from Golf and Go-karts to the Water slides and Archery, it’s easy to have a whole day of fun.
- Boat Tours
- Take a day tour on a boat to experience the sights of one of the most Southern parts of Australian waters. A variety of companies are available who have long been in service, such as The Big Duck
Our fully licensed cafe offers great food at great prices.
Room service is available 8.30 am until 8.00pm.
The cafe is open Tuesday to Sunday 11.00am until 8.00pm. Closed on Mondays.